Thursday, May 9, 2013

Christmas 2013 - Card # 10

I'm so happy to share my latest Christmas card, I love it!

But first, here's the inspiration from the ABC Christmas Challenge:

This is the photo to be inspired by for the creation of our Christmas projects. I was a bit overwhelmed from the quantity of inspiring things I see there: color combos, Christmas ornaments, baubles... and I finally chose the wreath itself and made this card:


I've had this stamp from DoCrafts Tulip for a while and I though it was time to ink it.
I colored the image following some of the colors in the picture which came together with the stamp.
Then, once I opened my "Christmas supplies box" and took the first paper pad in the pile I decided there was the perfect paper for this card.
The bell paper (and the gingham one too) are from the adorable Make It Merry pad from October Afternoon and the blue-green of snowflakes matched a card I had in my stash perfectly.
It's always a pleasure when a card comes together in such an easy way!
Now that I notice, there's also a wreath in the picture above with similar colors... These colors could become my favourite for next Christmas!
I should have done more than one copy...!

This card is for the following challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge: I for Inspirational Photo
Sparkles Christmas Challenge # 28: Favourite Festive Colors

229 days to Christmas and 10 cards are done!
(Well, yes... I'm a bit behind schedule...)

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - love the image (think I might have bought that but not used it yet) - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super duper card and i love your coloring :) so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. You did a beautiful job with the colors. Thanks for playing at Sparkles Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - thanks for playing along with ABC Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a wonderful christmas card and the image is so fantastic,i love the papers you've used.
    Many thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs and greetings
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fab honey, I love the wreath in the image. Great card and lovely colours.
    Annette
    My blog : Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for ABC Christmas Challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the way you've interpreted our photo inspiration. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning .....Oh wow your card is absolutely stunning l love your image and the colouring is stunning thank you for joining in our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Favourite Festive Christmas Colours" good luck and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete