Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Unusual Colors

After an indigestion of red last week, I've decided to follow an interesting challenge which asks us to use these colors:


The Challenge is at Sparkle Creations blog and I was inspired by these colors which are pretty unusual for a Christmas card.

I made this:


I used Christmas Tree Ruby from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps and colored her with Copics in shades of smoky blue and green.
I added touches of glitter, a touch of red and mounted it on a glittered grey/light blue/light green (?) paper from DCWV. I added a grey ribbon, a light green paper rose and a perfectly matching button (which I had just saved from an old t-shirt I was throwing way).

Although a card with these colors is quite unusual for Christmas, I find it quite elegant. But my favorite detail is the necklace: I added three pearls around her neck, isn't she cute? (My daughter immediately noticed it and loved it!).

This card will be entered in the following challenges:

Sparkles Christmas Challenge # 22: Contemporary Color Combo
Ladybug Crafts Challenge # 3: Monochrome/Tonal

1 comment:

  1. A brilliant creation!

    Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this time
    Good luck in the draw

    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete