Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bon Voyage

Isn't she cute?


She is Suitcase Ruby from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps and I love her!

I love to travel and I've always liked to spend my vacations somewhere new and interesting. I often found myself travelling alone, looking up to see some indications (my sight is not particularly good although I'm not compelled to wear glasses every minute) with the same questioning eyes Ruby has.

I'm not as elegant as Ruby when I travel: I never wear high heels and, of course, I couldn't wear them while carrying a suitcase up and down airports and train stations but I like to think that she is my "other self"!

I decided to give this card a vintage look: I inked a white sheet of paper torn from a block notes with Distress Ink, added a cream lace ribbon and colored Ruby with Copics and, of course, a touch of glitter!

I also made a matching Travel Journal:


I want to enter this card in Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge # 83: they ask to use stamps released during their first year. I'm not sure this stamp was one of their oldest releases, fingers crossed that it is!

Oh! I love this little Ruby!

2 comments:

  1. Great Card. I have not got this stamp yet. One of the very few. She will need to be purchased. Hope it is one of the first years for you!! Check mine ou too:) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo cute! Love how you used Suitcase Ruby! :)

    ReplyDelete